The Prime Ministers announcement on the 10/05/2020 stated that “And from this Wednesday (13th May 2020), we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise. You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household. You must obey the rules on social distancing and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.”
The Government detailed guidance on COVID 19 can be found here and page 31 details that Angling is a permitted outdoor activity from 13th May 2020.
Fishing at Bainton Fisheries gives no opportunity for close proximity between anglers. The fishery is open for fishing 24 x 7 working within a framework to keep members of the fishery safe.
The following rules must be obeyed until this web page is removed.
- All Angling to be undertaken on a solitary basis – social distancing in accordance with government guidelines must be maintained at all times.
- All Angler’s must carry and use as part of your fishing equipment, anti bacterial gel or wear gloves on handling gates and padlocks.
- No sharing of fishing or photographic equipment or any other items of a similar nature.
- No angler to fish within 15 metres of any other angler and maintain a minimum distance of 2m from any other person not of the same household.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or who shares a household with any individual displaying symptoms, must not go fishing and should continue to follow government advice on isolation as the same as workplace advice. Here.